Uyyy. Pinapanuod na nya. Hahaha. Pano ng natsci? Haha
Happy Day :)
I totally phleged out while 2012 was ending so I am only doing this now. I have to keep up with tradition. Pwede pa naman dahil may Chinese New Year pa. Haha. So this was 2012 in no particular order.
1. I moved in with ate Joie. Our new house is cute and bug friendly but it never runs out of visitors/ boarders, and most especially coffee. It’s nice waking up in the morning being able to bully one of the most choleric people I know and going home at night being able to vent out everything on Jake Cuenca and Andi Eigenmann with a friend. Our house is only clean when one of us is melaning. Luckily enough, we do that alternately. We have a lot of stuff whose owners we do not know. We are not friends with our neighbors. And we have a pet lizard named Scott/ Scotta who is now all grown up.
2. I learned how to cook. Well its more like at least I tried. Once upon a time, my co12s gave me a cookbook for my birthday present. It is only 2 years later that once upon a time continued. And because I am a chemist, I am trained not to taste anything I mix. So I don’t. I just follow instructions. Jang Geum lang. Haha. One of the advantages of what I cook is that it can determine who did not repent. Bad things happen to those who are not covered. It’s actually an effective discerning-your-disciple method. So far, everybody’s good :)
3. I finished my thesis. Omg. Krbb. This will have a post of its own. In summary, it’s now bound and casted out. Salvation has arrived. I am free! And I will forever love my thesis adviser.
4. I read the books I’ve been wanting to read for the longest time and even the books I did not plan on reading. The list is still long though :)
5. I worked in Ahead. It’s not in line with my course, it’s not where I wanted to be and it did not pay that well. I had to run back to Father and father a lot of times. But still it helped a lot. I learned to manage my schedule and my finances, to conduct myself professionally kahit papano because I had to talk to parents, to search for different solutions to a problem, and to come on time. It reminded me of the essence of learning. And I liked seeing the “ahhh” expression. I had a lot of students. But there are some who proved to be remarkable because of their out of this world stories and personalities. I will never forget the water cycle again. Ever.
6. I went to Iloilo. After 22 years, nakasakay din ako ng airplane! Yehey! At sobrang halatang first time ko dahil kahit pati clouds pinipikturan ko nonstop. Haha. I met my grandmother-from-the-mother’s-side’s family. My grandmother had 8 siblings. And we visited all of them. It’s like playing tag. After visiting one family, they will come to the next family with us. So by the time we reached the 8th sibling, everybody’s there. Haha. It was fun. All of them were sanguine. So I guess my genes came from my father’s side.
7. I led the SOD prayer meeting for a week. I am very much thankful for this privilege. It’s one thing to be in the battle, it’s another to lead it. The feedbacks were good so I guess the battle’s won.
8. New life groups in TUP and CSB/DLSU. And because of that, I have new friends! It’s nice being able to meet new people. It wasn’t easy at first. There was a lot of praying that they would come, that they would receive the word, and that they would be consistent. Eventually they did. They started opening up, replying, and even bringing new friends. They started talking about the changes that’s happening to them and the breakthroughs they were having. I’m happy to see them grow :D and I look forward for more.
9. UP Fair and Lantern Parade. We made it! I now believe that dreams come true not because Walt Disney told me to but because I experienced it first hand. We are now making noise of the right kind and for the right purpose. This is it oblation. Soon you’re gonna be kneeling fereal.
10. Complete 12. Plus two! :D akalain mo. Pressure much. It was hard to disciple them. I can’t afford to give anything less than my best because they are the best and they deserve nothing but the best. Minsan nga gusto ko ng magpa-pray sa kanila eh. Haha. I thank God for giving me the privilege to be their leader. Seeing them win souls, open their own LGs, disciple their own disciples, change their temperaments, overcome their struggles, be kilig when they see their crushes and let go of their crushes is…something I can’t even describe. Basta I am happy for them :D There were a lot of shakings for each one and for the whole team. But we made it together. We are still here, fighting a good fight of faith. That is why I am proud of them :D
11. Drawing. Yes. I started drawing. On things. And making stories about them :))
12. Eto na talaga. Ang ultimate experience ever sa buong 2012. I watched Ruruoni Kenshin. Big screen! Twice :) hay. Halos ka-level nito ang thesis ko. Umangat lang sya ng mga 0.5. Haha.
2012 was a year of completion :D wala pang sequel ng ruruoni kenshin this year but I’m still excited. Dahil may iba pa namang movie si sato takeru at dahil sa marami pang kadahilanan. One thing is for sure. This year, I will continue walking on water.
Happy Chinese New Year! Yey!
This is our dog.
Minutes before 2013
Trulalu. Kung pwede lang iuwi ang tasang Ito. Haha. We went all the way to Subic for our favorite family activity- drinking coffee. At least for me and mother.